Post: Office Assistant (part-time , 12 months contract)
Responsible to: Training Manager
Responsible for: Administration
Location Based: Cambridge, England
Salary: £19,760 (WTE) pro-rata £6323.20 (£10.13 per hour)
Working hours: 12 hours per week over three days.
The main purpose of the job is to provide support to the Training Manager and perform general
administrative duties for the smooth operation of the charity and its training sessions.
The Brazelton Centre UK aims to support the transition and adjustment to parenthood, focusing on the development and mental health needs of both babies and parents. Holding the baby in mind, the Centre, which is research and practice based, enables health professionals to facilitate relationship building between parents and their newborn at a time that is experienced as a major life event. The philosophy of the organisation is one of enabling effective service development, appropriate clinical intervention and sharing of expertise.
The Centre, established in Cambridge in 1997, is a training organisation for health professionals and researchers who work with babies and parents. We offer training courses in the Newborn Behavioural Observations System (NBO) and Neonatal Behavioural Assessment Scale. (NBAS). Brazelton Centre UK is one of four Centres in the world, teaching the NBO and NBAS, and the most active. Brazelton UK works in partnership with other organisations on training, surveys and research, including third sector organisations, universities, NHS trusts and organisations providing support for the under-fives. Over four thousand practitioners have undertaken the UK training courses in both the NBO and NBAS. The Centre currently has a staff of 5 from different professional groups, in a range of roles, with 15 Trainers countrywide able to teach specific courses as required. The charity has a Board of Trustees to whom the Director reports and is responsible.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Administering CPD points for our training courses
- Sending out information emails following training courses
- Updating training databases
- Organising meetings
- Preparing training kits materials for NBO and NBAS courses
- Answering the telephone and dealing with queries
- Receiving, opening and distributing post and parcels to staff
- General office duties – dealing with mail and correspondence
- Providing temporary cover for the Training Manager role during annual leave and
absence from the office.
- Any other reasonable request from the Training Manager, Chief Executive Officer or
fellow staff members and trainers.
- E- learning platform support tasks and queries
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications – Excel, Word and Power Point
- Administrative experience
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good written and verbal skills
- Team player
- Organised, with the ability to multi-task
This role is subject to receipt two satisfactory references, proof of eligibility to work in the UK
and a six months’ probationary period. DBS check required.
Closing Date for the application: 10th August 2021
Applications to be made by sending in your CV and covering letter to Samita Patkar – firstname.lastname@example.org – outlining
your experience and why you wish to work for the Brazelton Centre UK.
Interviews will be in the month of August on a date and time of mutual convenience.
If you have any questions about the post, please don’t hesitate to contact us: email@example.comShow More